TMD is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998; its registration number is ZA139095. When we refer to we, us, or TheMoneyDaily, we are referring to this company.
1. Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information. We only collect personally identifiable information provided by you when you register on the Sites and Services as a user or, in some cases, request a comparison or a quotation service, to request a call back from a professional advisor, or to subscribe to a newsletter. The information collected may include your name, email address or other information, as applicable. We will collect personally identifiable information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Sites and Services related activities.
- Non-personally identifiable information. We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you when you visit and interact with the Sites and Services. Non-personally identifiable information may include browser information, device information (such as hardware model and operating system), log information (such as details of how you used the Sites and Services and IP address), cookies and anonymous identifiers.
2. Web Browser Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small files that are transferred to your computer through your web browser when you visit a site that enables the site to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies may store user preferences and other information .You can choose to set your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Sites and Services may not function properly without cookies.
The Sites and Services may also use web beacons, provided by some of our third-party advertising companies, to help manage our online advertising. Web beacons allow us to recognize a cookie when a browser visits the Sites and Services, and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Sites and Services.
3. How We Use Collected Information
We may use information collected for the following purposes:
- To personalise your experience. We may use information collected to understand how you individually or collectively with other users make use of the Sites and Services so that we may improve your experience on the Sites and Services.
- To provide you with any quote or comparison services you have requested
- To develop and measure advertising programs. We may use information collected to develop targeted marketing or advertising programs and to measure the effectiveness of such programs.
- To improve our Sites and Services. We continually strive to improve the Sites and Services offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you both individually and collectively with other users.
- To provide customer service and technical support.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide when contacting us through the Sites and Services will be used to respond to your inquiries. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that include company news, content updates and related product or service information.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that we may for the purposes set out above disclose your information to 3rd parties, some of which may be located outside the European Economic Area in countries providing less protection for personal data than the UK.
4. Opt-out and Unsubscribe Policy
You have the option not to register any personally identifiable information with us and to opt out of subscribing to newsletters. You can also opt not to participate in certain interactive areas of the Sites and Services, which eliminates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from you.
If at any time you would like to discontinue receiving email communications from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email or you may contact us through the Sites and Services.
5. How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. While we make efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties from illegally obtaining this information.
6. Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information .This excludes trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Sites and Services or administrating activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes;
- enforce our Sites and Services policies; or
- protect and defend ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided in aggregate to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7. Third-Party Websites
If you use a link to leave the Sites and Services to purchase products or services, you are completing a purchase transaction according to the rules and regulations of the vendor company, not the Sites and Services.
9. Transfer, Sale or Assignment
At our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell, or assign information collected on and through the Sites and Services, including but not limited to, personally identifiable information, to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation of us or affiliated companies.
10. Contacting Us